Saturday, August 8, 2009

Day 25

We have one week left of induction chemotherapy. Carson is having a rough time with the side-effects of his medication. His face is round and puffy, and his poor little tummy is getting larger everyday--which is making him uncomfortable. We go in Wednesday for another outpatient visit for another bone marrow biopsy and a lumbar puncture. We are hopeful that the results from those tests will show that Little C is cancer free. If that's the case, phase 2 (consolidation chemotherapy) may not be as intense.
He has quite the appetite these days. This morning he had 3 bowls of cheerios with 2 bananas and 2 pieces of toast! I was able to get him to smile so I could get a few pictures of him. (He's happiest when he's eating.)
-Hyrum







2 comments:

  1. It is so hard to see Little C looking so different, and not so "little", but it is comforting to see him smiling and finding some enjoyment in this stage. At least he can keep his pants from falling off all the time now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, those pictures are so cute. The one where he looks like he is posing/smiling just about had me in tears because he seemed so sad when I saw him saturday (of course he had just woken up). I love seeing that cute little smile...even when he doesn't quite look like his usual self. :)

    ReplyDelete